Skip navigation
Contact Us

External/Federated Security

score 20
Voted on 4 times. You have not voted Active
Created on May 13, 2011 9:48 AM by Karl Roembke - Last Modified: Oct 10, 2012 11:09 AM

One of the things we really need is some kind of external/federated security option. Since Informatica Cloud exists outside of my company's control, it is extremely important to us that we can control who has access to all computing resources, irrespective of where they reside. The current situation of creating multiple external logins for users to gain access to Informatica cloud presents a significant risk, as the normal on-boarding and off-boarding processes can't be used. When an employee or contractor leaves a project and is offboarded, their access to Informatica Cloud remains. When a persons access to any computing resource persists beyond thier formal relationship with the company, then there is a risk to the business processes run on Informatica cloud, and a risk to our company operations.

Ideally, we would like to authenticate access to and and all cloud instances using our LDAP server. This of course means that we cannot be creating multiple LDAP IDs for users simply because they must connect to cloud-based services that require a different login for every cloud instance.

Taking the idea even further, in a federated security situation, users would login to Informatica Cloud using their Yahoo!, Gmail, or Microsoft Live ID. My company may engage the services of persons who already login to other Informatica cloud ORGs. In the current security model, I see no support for this.

I welcome a discussion with your product teams about this and could arrange a scenario to test some of these options with you, so feel free to contact me.

Comments (7)

Voted On By (4)