Given the price of storage charged by SaaS cloud app providers, I think Informatica Cloud should seriously consider to provide a Staging SQL database in the Cloud!
Currently in a 'staged' data integration approach, the client usually has to provision and manage a SQL database on the premise to do SQL abstraction, data cleansing and normalisation of incoming source data.
The benefits of provisioning the SQL Database in the Cloud would be:
- It would take away the hassle from the client for provisioning a SQL database and manage it on the premise.
- Take the data complexity problem off the premise to the cloud, where the solution can be easily collaborated by external teams/tools too.
- Achive better performance in DML operations on data as there would be no governance limits due to multitenancy.
- Use standard SQL familiar to many to solve the problem.
- Store, backup SaaS App data cheaply and do Information Lifecycle Management (Age the data)
- Enable remote work.
There are lots of cloud SQL database providers which would provide you a vanilla SQL database and 'massive' storage on per implementation basis in the cloud at a low costs. Consider http://apex.oracle.com as one, there are many others including Amazon, Microsoft etc.
That would be really cool!
Kubilay Tsil Kara