Skip navigation
Contact Us

Programmatically create IC tasks

score 5
Voted on 1 time. You have not voted Active
Created on Nov 30, 2012 5:46 AM by Kubilay Tsil Kara - Last Modified: Nov 30, 2012 5:47 AM

I have searched on this in the docs and I couldn't find much. Thought I raise an idea.

My idea:

It would be nice to generate a task on the fly - programmatically - depending on the data.

Motivation:

I have a table of customer data which has a hiearchy_level_col column. I need to load the data according to this hierarchy by traversing from the ultimate parent down to the final children (traversing b-trees).

That is ultimate parents must go in first, then grandparents, then the parents, last the children. The data must be loaded in this order. At the moment I need to filter this table and load the data by creating tasks as in the levels of hierarchy. So if there are 6 levels of hierarchy in the data, I need to create 6 inforamtica cloud tasks to load this data in order from 1..6.

But how about if the data introduces a new level, say level 7. How would I be able to catch that in the data  and create the Informatica Cloud task 7 ?

I am sure there will be other uses of this as well.

I hope it makes sense.

Cheers

Kubilay

http://www.databasesystems.info

twitter: @databasesystems

Comments (5)

Voted On By (1)