We are currently involved in a project which uses PowerCenter as the ETL and IDQ as the Data quality tool. We have been able to build plans and run them sucessfully. However, we would require further information on the tool and its advance capability. Here are few points on which we require suggestion and help:
1) How can we publish IDQ SSR results on the Intranet/Web ? (Important)
2) Does IDQ have a emailing system like PowerCenter ?
3) Integration of IDQ and PowerCenter ?
Kindly help us on these issues with PDF's or links. These are critical requirements to our project.
OK I guess most of the guys would like to know how the entire thing works.
You need to get a Data Quality Integration Component Installed on your Power Center and you will then have a transfromation called DQ. I could post few docs if you guys want more info on this on how to integrate and use DQ components in PC
Hi Sandeep Ravi,
I would like to receive pdf/documents regarding how to integrate and use data quality rules in Powercentre, Please send to my email -----email@example.com.
thanks in advance.
please find attached documents may be will help.
I conduct training sessions related to :
*) Informatica Data Quality
*) Advanced Informatica
If you wana learn any of the above technology...please feel free to contact me
1. Integration with powercenter can be done in either of the two ways:
a) Export the plan in form of XML mapplet and then import it in PC and use as normal mappplet
b) Save the plan directly in powercenter repository if connection can be established.
Note: * Above is done using workbench.
IDQ plugin needs to be registered in repository through Admin Console for powercenter engine to understand IDQ components in the mapplet
2. The reports in IDQ are generated in SSR, HTML and csv formats,
To publish a report outside IDQ , HTML format can nytime be considered.
I am working with PC and IDQ.I would like to receive PDFs and documents on the same subject.Please send those in my Email id is <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks in advance.
1. The reports in IDQ generated in HTML and CSV format also besides SSR.You can use the HTML format to publish in web.
2. You have to regsiter IDQ components in powercenter repository as separate plugins.Install IDQ_Integration_Server and IDQ_Integration_Client plug-ins and register the components using admin console
Plans are then exported from workbench as mapplets and imported in Powercenter designer.
Anyone can please help me with IQ 8.6 software...i want to install on my PC... Please let me know how can i download its trial version...or anybody have IDQ software????