Skip navigation
Contact Us
2044 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 6:18 PM by Srikanth Vakalapudi RSS
Ken Lacroix Novice 74 posts since
Oct 15, 2002
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 26, 2009 5:00 PM

UPDATE statement in SQL Transform performs poorly

This is an understatement...

UPDATE TABLE a

SET a.EMPLID = (SELECT b.NEW_EMPLID FROM TABLE b WHERE a.EMPLID = b.EMPLID)

WHERE EXISTS

(SELECT b.NEW_EMPLID FROM TABLE b WHERE a.EMPLID = b.EMPLID);

The table has 310,000 rows.

The SQL transform uses a static connection and I am using most of the default settings. I wanted the row count returned. I was also careful with the order of the input and output columns.

When I run the query in SQL Plus it updates in about 2 minutes. When I run it in the SQL Transform...well...I aborted after letting it run almost 2 hours. 

What is it in the SQL Transform that would prevent it from running as like SQLPlus or at least in the same ball park would be nice.

Thanks - Ken 

• Srikanth Vakalapudi Newbie 4 posts since
      Nov 9, 2012
      Currently Being Moderated
      Nov 28, 2012 6:18 PM (in response to Ken Lacroix)
      UPDATE statement in SQL Transform performs poorly

Very interesting... hey can you help me on my issue with SQL transformation... i am just using

select col1 from table

and fetching the data through SQL transformation and placing in one target table... same way getting Target data into one table and at the end i am comparing both the tables to isolate the records not there in both the target tables and do my next process... but i see the issue to fetch data from Source into Target table using sql transformation... would be great if you give some tips.  I know it's nothing to do with Queries... it's all SQL transformation performance.

regards,

Srikanth

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)