Skip navigation
Contact Us
2778 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2014 10:12 PM by DJ Developer RSS
Eric Irungu Newbie 14 posts since
Apr 6, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 23, 2008 9:43 AM

DB2 UDB For iSeries

I’m trying to extract data from IBM System i (formerly AS400) which uses DB2 database called “DB2 UDB for iSeries” or “DB2 Universal database for iSeries”. I can connect through iseries odbc and import tables without a problem in designer but I’m at the point of configuring connectivity for the Informatica server to be able to source from this system. Using regular odbc connection fails with “FnName: Fetch Optimize -- DB2 UDB For iSeries[Driver Manager]Function sequence error]” error and to my knowledge, we would need to use native DB2 drivers for this. The guide advices to install and configure the IBM DB2 Client Application Enabler (CAE) but with this iSeries database, I’m unsure whether this would still apply. Can anyone guide me to how to extract data from iSeries or AS400? Do we need a special connector for this or can we work around odbc?

Regards,

Erick

================ Fixed ================================================

The fix was to add a custom property for the Informatica integration service called “OptimizeODBCRead” and set it equals to “No” in the Administration Console.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)