Contact Us
4127 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 10:32 PM by Rashi Pant RSS
Rathana a Newbie 7 posts since
Apr 21, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

May 18, 2010 12:52 PM

Import mapping template issue -Step 4

Hi,

I am trying trying to automate the mapping development using the mapping template (Powercenter Mapping architect for Visio) . Import mapping template issue -Step 4 .

The mapping template is valid and has the rules for all links. It is a simple template for a one to one mapping from source to target with an expression transformation in between. In the Import mapping template wizard, it prompts for the source name, target name as designed but in Step 4, the mappings are not generated. It doesn't show any error messages also. The status message reads 0 mappings generated successfully.

Please help

• Md Adil Shariff Expert 339 posts since
    Jul 30, 2010
    May 19, 2010 1:41 AM (in response to Rathana a)
    Is this happening for all

Is this happening for all the Mapping geenration?

To know the exact error,please try to run the generation of the mapping using command line utility(mapgen)

Use mapgen command to do the same, available in Client\bin\MappingTemplate folder.

• Md Adil Shariff Expert 339 posts since
            Jul 30, 2010
            Jan 9, 2011 7:07 AM (in response to Rathana a)
            Re: Mapping template

Hi,

By default,it should be C:\Informatica\PowerCenter8.6.0\Java only the path of java in case of Mapgen.

By any chance ,did you corss chk the JAVA versions in

C:\Informatica\PowerCenter8.6.0\CMD_Utilities\PC\java and

• Rashi Pant Newbie 1 posts since
              Nov 6, 2012
              Nov 6, 2012 10:32 PM (in response to Md Adil Shariff)
              Import mapping template issue -Step 4

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. I tried this in informatica 9.1 and used teradata 12.0 as a database.

I was able to generate mapping using database as teradata. But when I tried it using oracle 11g database, it's not throwing any error on mapping generation but not even generating the mapping.It is giving status message as 0 mapping successfully genrated. I am able to import source table and target table in informatica using oracle connection.

Is this issue related to informatica or with oracle server. Because it is asking me the path for the java.exe file when I tried to open the SQL developer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)