Informatica Administration is mostly based on experience. Informatica provides all the necessary tools for effective administration. However, with so many combinations out there, each environment will be different from the other, and so you may not get a perfect answer anywhere.
Hello Jo ,
The following are the typical admin duties or responsibilities.
1) Moving source files from dev to qa to prod
- Folder to folder copy
- Export as xml files
- Server to server copy.
2) Hot fixes ( 8.6.1 / 8.6.12/ 8.6.14 ETC ) and patches.
3) Version control ( NOTE: ONCE ENABLED CANNOT BE DISABLED )
4) Repository creation - in UAT/ PROD through admin console
5) Repository backup - USING PMCMD , manual backup through admin console
- files will be ext .rep
6) Metadata backup .
7) Installation .
Hope this helps ..
You can find Informatica Administrator interview question here at: