Skip navigation
Contact Us
1996 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 6:45 PM by Dennis Moore RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 1, 2012 10:29 AM

Feedback on Contact Validation Service

Informatica Cloud recently introduced the Contact Validation Service as part of our Winter 2012 release. Have you tried it yet?

I'm the user interface designer for Informatica Cloud, so I'd love to hear what you think! What do you like about the Contact Validation Service? What would you like to see improved in future releases?

• Cloud Guy Novice 41 posts since
    Jun 18, 2010
    Feb 1, 2012 3:46 PM (in response to Joshua Vaughn)

Thanks Josh!

If you're not sure what the new Contact Validation Service is, you'll see it automatically as a new tab if you have Informatica Cloud Standard Edition.

More information here and in the online help documentation.

Be sure to contact your account manager for details.

• Deven Dhulia Newbie 3 posts since
      Apr 24, 2012
      Apr 24, 2012 5:00 PM (in response to Cloud Guy)

Hi Joshua, Darren,

This is a great service and very timely for our master data management initiative. I'm using this service in Salesforce to standardize Company Addresses (billing, shipping) in our Account object records.

This is great for historic data cleanup. My question is - does this service work for real time account data validation? That is when a new Account is created via the Salesforce interface or through the API - can this be invoked real time to "fix"/enhance the address information BEFORE storing the record? Some SFDC AppExchange applications such as Postcode Anywhere and Strike Iron have this capability.

This would be very useful - if we can provide real time contact validation for incoming data.

Thanks,

Deven

• Deven Dhulia Newbie 3 posts since
          Apr 24, 2012
          Apr 25, 2012 10:32 AM (in response to Joshua Vaughn)

Thanks for the update Josh. In my current position as Director, Enterprise Data Management at Salesforce.com I'm leading a key initiative to build a master data management solution on our Salesforce internal platform. It is vital for us to cleanse internal SFDC Account and Contact data (both historical already in the system and new data coming in in near real time). Once we have a full solution for our internal customers we would consider rolling this out to our customers. Salesforce is already in partnership with Informatica on several initiatives including MDM cloud, Data.com, etc. Having real time Contact validation via the INFA cloud services will be of great value to us and I'm sure to a lot of your customers. Please keep us informed and feel free to contact me if you'd like more details of our current initiative and requirements.

Cheers, Deven

• Krupa Natarajan InfaEmp 86 posts since
            Jun 22, 2011
            Apr 25, 2012 10:39 AM (in response to Deven Dhulia)

Hi Deven,

Thank you for your inputs. I work in the Informatica Cloud Product Management team and would love to schedule time for us to discuss further. I can be reached at knatarajan@informatica.com

Look forward to talking to you.

Thanks,

Krupa

• Dennis Moore InfaEmp 3 posts since
            Apr 18, 2012
            May 2, 2012 6:45 PM (in response to Deven Dhulia)

Deven -

It would be great if you could connect up with Krupa to discuss further.  We have the "Informatica Data Controls" in MDM that support duplicate prevention when creating a new account, that show a hierarchy of accounts, that fill in the data from our master data hub instead of having to type it in (if already known to Informatica MDM), etc.  A validation service like you've suggested (for a new account) would be a good one for us to offer as well.  Thanks, and keep 'em coming!

- Dennis Moore

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)