Skip navigation
Contact Us
3941 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 6:52 AM by Charles Daringer RSS
Charles Daringer Newbie 12 posts since
Mar 25, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 14, 2012 9:27 AM

Hadoop HParser Commercial Edition questions

The HParser Commercial Edition which is available for Hadoop is this the same parser that is currently distributed as Data Transformation Studio, Version: 9.1.0 Build id: 17.0?  If not how do they differ?

Would projects created in either of the two parsing design environments run unaltered in the other environment?

Can the existing Data Transformation Studio, Version: 9.1.0 Build id: 17.0 projects run/called by a command line interface?

• Ori Levran InfaEmp 45 posts since
    Jul 23, 2010
    Mar 15, 2012 5:10 AM (in response to Charles Daringer)

Hi Charles,

HParser and Data Transformation share the same engine and studio - transformation implemented in one will work on the other.

HParser itself is the jar provided by Informatica to run Data Transformation as a MapReduce job within Hadoop, using

Hadoop commands.

I suggest the following:

1. Download HParser community edition from Informatica marketplace - https://community.informatica.com/solutions/1679

2. It bundles the relevant components as well as docs.

3. Take few mnts to view the recorded end-to-end demo under the demo tab, it will explain usage etc.

Here is a sample of HParser exceution command as a MR job:

From the name node, where the HParser jar is at, run the following MR command:
    hadoop jar dt-hadoop-0.1.6-job.jar com.informatica.b2b.dt.hadoop.DataTransformationJob -Ddt.debug=true -Dmapred.child.env=IFCONTENTMASTER_HOME=/usr/lib/hparser/,LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/hparser/bin -Dmapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx200M -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/hparser/bin <hdfs_input> <hdfs_output> <transformation name>

where:
    <hdfs_input> stands for the HDFS folder where the input files are at
    <hdfs_output> is the name of the HDFS output folder where the output file will be created – make sure it doesn’t exist before u run this command
    <transformation name> stands for the name of the DT transformation you would like to execute

Hope it helps,

Ori

Jul 23, 2010
    May 12, 2012 9:14 AM (in response to Charles Daringer)

Hi Hari,

The jar - dt-hadoop-0.1.6-job.jar - is provided as part of the download zip file via Informatica marketplace here:

https://community.informatica.com/solutions/1679

It should be placed under the name node of your Hadoop cluster, the one you will initiate the MapReduce job from.

A pdf guide is provided as part of this zip as well; it contains detailed setup and execution instructions.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Ori

• neha bagdia Newbie 11 posts since
        Jul 25, 2012
        Aug 6, 2012 12:52 AM (in response to Charles Daringer)

Hi,

This is what I have done so far :

1. hadoop setup - standalone mode

2. rpm executed, required three directories are created.

3. Following configuration doc -

Configure one node in the cluster as the command node for running Data Transformation jobs.

i. Copy the HParser JAR file to the command node - where do i put this jar (path)

ii. Create the HParser configuration file, and then save it to the command node -

where do i put this conf file (path)

4. I have a Hparser Studio also, how to i install that.

Thanks

Jul 23, 2010
          Aug 6, 2012 1:27 AM (in response to neha bagdia)

Hi Neha,

The jar and config file should be placed together under a path accesable to you.

To Install the HParser studio, simply unzip the HParserStudio901.zip file, run teh setup file and follow the onscreen instructions.

We can do it all over webex together if you wish.

Ori

Jul 25, 2012
            Aug 6, 2012 2:08 AM (in response to Ori Levran)

Thanks alot Ori. It helped.

Jul 25, 2012
              Aug 6, 2012 2:51 AM (in response to neha bagdia)

Hi Ori,

I am done with jar and config file. I was trying to run Setup.exe for Hparser studio, but figured that Setup.exe is meant for Windows. So I'll have to run it using wine on linux or its meant to be run and used on Windows.

Webex is not possible. Thanks for the help offered. I'll communicate it to you if I could arrange it.

Jul 23, 2010
                Aug 6, 2012 2:55 AM (in response to neha bagdia)

Hi Neha,

HParser studio is to be used on Windows only; once a tramsformation is designed on Windows it will be deployed (copied) to teh ServiceDB folder on your none-windows run-time environment and executed as a MapReduce job via the jar provided by Informatica

Ori

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points