Contact Us
3272 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 11:36 AM by Toye Begbaaji RSS
Toye Begbaaji Apprentice 98 posts since
Sep 30, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 9, 2012 9:24 AM

TE_7041 Aggregate Error: Failed to allocate 249344 bytes

Hi Community,

I've been using the Aggregator plugin for a while now for a number of functions, mainly for deduping. Right now I am trying to use it in a DSS task over approx 838K rows but get this error:

TE_7041 Aggregate Error: Failed to allocate 249344 bytes 

I've tried this pointed at two different server targets under the assumption it was related to drive space and temp files. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Any Informatica Cloud settings that can be adjusted to accommodate?

Thanks!

• Elias Sha Expert 183 posts since
    Jun 3, 2009

There may be couple of reasons the secure agent cannot address more memory.  Environmental constrains:  OS, Machine, and memory available. As you move large data set.

Have you tested this successfully in PowerCenter first?

Another best practice is to use the Sorter Transformation in front of the aggregator, then mark the Aggregator transform as to have sorted inputs under the Properties Tab of the Aggregator in PowerCenter.  You want to sort the column in the sorter transformation based on columns you are grouping by in the Aggregator.  Take out any extra aggregate functions that are not needed.

When running this in ICS, gradually bump up the memory setting. See picture below.

The setting is found under the Agent Sub-Tab, Edit Agent, Under Configuration Details section choose Type: Tomcat JRE.

Hope this helps keep us posted.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points