Skip navigation
Contact Us
2181 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 11:05 AM by Chandramouli Venkatesan RSS
Chandramouli Venkatesan Newbie 12 posts since
Sep 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 6, 2012 4:44 PM

Java transform code dependency JAR files

Hi Informatica Community:

The Java tranformation code in Mapping Designer requires dependency JAR file as it interfaces with remote server application via Java Client JAR files.

I wanted to understand how the Informatica server (tomcat instance) sets or looks up CLASSPATH by default.

What directories does it look up automatically without any changes to catalina script?

Q: Where do we place the dependent JAR files. Does the following directory automatically added to CLASSPATH. I am trying to search the file where this is set?

<Informatica Installation Dir>/server/bin/javalib

Please help in this regard. We can add CLASSPATH as part of the env setup of the administrator account. I guess it is picked up as well.

Regards

Mouli

• Michael Wall Novice 90 posts since
    Jul 28, 2004

Hi Mouli,

The easiest way is to put it in the session's properties tab. There is a entry for the java classpath to add external jar files at run time with having to change environment settings or the server bin directory.

Thanks

Mike

Jul 28, 2004

My understanding is that the <INFA_HOME>/server/bin/javalib is the default classpath for the PowerCenter Integration service when execting workflows and sessions.

The Tomcat folder is for the the Admin Console and other services for the PowerCenter domain and I am fairly certain the integration service does not look at that folder when executing a workflow.

You can add your jar file to the <INFA_HOME>/server/bin/javalib folder and it will work the same as the session classpath.

As for the JVM options. The only way I know to do that is to set a custom property in the Integration Service and restart PowerCenter.

Example:

Property: JVMOption1
        Value: -Dlog4j.configuration=<classpathdir>/log4j.properties

Thanks,

Mike

Jul 28, 2004

The only thing you can do at the session level is add a jar file to the existing classpath which will only affect that session. The JVM options will need to be done at the admin console level and will affect all workflows.

Thanks,

Mike

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)