Contact Us
1078 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 1:39 AM by niranjan infa RSS
Mahaveer Singh Novice 33 posts since
Jan 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 26, 2012 3:53 AM

Dynamic Target :: Flat File generation

Hi,

I have some requirement here to generate a dynamic target file (Flat file) with a naming convention defined on the session run.

The scenario is, i am to run a session that will be taking the back up of some source on a daily basis. And this shall be placed as a flat file on a every day basis. Here i have to make sure i have the last 5 day backup of the source data.

Something like, File_Day1..File_Day2..File_Day3..File_Day4..File_Day5 and finally on day6 the source has to get saved back on the file 'File_Day1', kind of a looping. I have tried it using the Mapping Variable and tried looping but look to be stuck some where.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mahaveer Singh.

• sasi ramesh Master 1,110 posts since
    Oct 2, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 4:07 AM (in response to Mahaveer Singh)
    Dynamic Target :: Flat File generation

Hi Mahaveer,

This can be achieved with the help of workflowvariables,decision task and assignment task.

At the start of the workflow check the value of the workflowvariable ,if it is 5 then assign the values as 1 to the workflow variable.Use that variable in the session TGT file name .

This way it will reset the value of the variable when it reaches 5 and overrite the first file.

Regards

Sasiramesh

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points