Contact Us
1011 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2013 12:30 PM by Pooja Rani RSS
Pooja Rani Newbie 12 posts since
Dec 17, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 17, 2012 1:18 PM

How to identify the initials

Hello All,

We have a requirement where we need to identify initials and words in the company name and accordingly standardize the records.

Eg; if the company name is ALBA - WALDENSIAN INC then there should not be any space between Hyphen and the words (ALBA-WALDENSIAN INC) but if compnay name has initials used then there should not be any hyphen used at all.

Eg: AMK-O PLASTICS INC should be standardized as AMKO PLASTICS INC.

Issue is how to recognize that the AMK is the initials of company name and not the complate word.

We have ried using different informatica provided files like (us_company_acronym_infa, us_company_std_name_infa, us_oranizations) but no use and we have to do this exercise for Us as well as Canada and MEXICO countries too. Any workarounds if anybody has then please let me know.

Thanks & regards,

Pooja

• Manojkumar Venkatachalam Novice 82 posts since
    Dec 18, 2012
    Jan 3, 2013 10:43 PM (in response to Pooja Rani)

Pooja Rani wrote:

Hello All,

We have a requirement where we need to identify initials and words in the company name and accordingly standardize the records.

Eg; if the company name is ALBA - WALDENSIAN INC then there should not be any space between Hyphen and the words (ALBA-WALDENSIAN INC) but if compnay name has initials used then there should not be any hyphen used at all.

Eg: AMK-O PLASTICS INC should be standardized as AMKO PLASTICS INC.

Issue is how to recognize that the AMK is the initials of company name and not the complate word.

We have ried using different informatica provided files like (us_company_acronym_infa, us_company_std_name_infa, us_oranizations) but no use and we have to do this exercise for Us as well as Canada and MEXICO countries too. Any workarounds if anybody has then please let me know.

Thanks & regards,

Pooja

Try out this Expression Below in Expression Transformation :

COMP_NAME - Input Port containing the Company Name.

Put this whole expression in an Output Port.

IIF(IS_SPACES(SUBSTR(REVERSE(SUBSTR(COMP_NAME, 1, INSTR(COMP_NAME,' - '))),2,1)),

REPLACESTR(0,COMP_NAME, ' ', ''),

REPLACESTR(0,COMP_NAME, '-', ''))

The Company Name will be altered accordingly whether they need Initials or Not with this Expression above.

I hav tried to give solution to your requirement purely based on the Example you specified in your requirement. If there is another Example available from different dimension , please provide that here.

• Manojkumar Venkatachalam Novice 82 posts since
        Dec 18, 2012
        Jan 7, 2013 1:58 AM (in response to Pooja Rani)

Try out this Expression Below in Expression Transformation :

In Company Name , I have extracted the word before   Hyphen in FRST_PART port and word after Hyphen in SECOND_PART port. If   both parts have length greater than 1 , then they are both words and  they dont have any initials. So i removed the spaces between words and   Hyphen in that case. If one is initial among two parts , then i have   removed the Hyphen.

COMP_NAME - Input Port containing the Company Name.

FRST_PART - Variable Port to separate First part in containing the Below Expression :

LTRIM(RTRIM(SUBSTR(COMP_NAME, 1, INSTR(COMP_NAME, '-')-1)))

SECOND_PART - Variable Port to separate Second Part containing the Below Expression :

SUBSTR(LTRIM(RTRIM(SUBSTR(COMP_NAME,INSTR(COMP_NAME,'-')+1))),1,INSTR(LTRIM(RTRIM(SUBSTR(COMP_NAME,INSTR(COMP_NAME,'-')+1))),'   '))

NAME_INITIAL_CHECK - Output Port containing the Required Company Name with Expression :

IIF(LENGTH(FRST_PART)  > 1 AND LENGTH(SECOND_PART)  > 1,LTRIM(RTRIM(SUBSTR(COMP_NAME, 1,  INSTR(COMP_NAME, ' -   ')-1)))||'-'||LTRIM(RTRIM(SUBSTR(COMP_NAME,INSTR(COMP_NAME,'-')+1)))   ,REPLACESTR(0,COMP_NAME, ' - ', ''))

Try out this sequence and it works Fine !!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points