Contact Us
1453 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 2:44 AM by Venkat Byrapudi RSS
SAJID MOHAMMAD Newbie 4 posts since
Jan 7, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 30, 2013 11:08 AM

Workflow suspension email not working

Hello,

I want to send out an email when a workflow fails. I have configured the Suspension email option in General tab of the Workflow properties. To test this, I

deliberately fail one of the sessions to fail the workflow. No suspension email is sent out. Success email is working as part of my workflow. I am using PowerCenter 9.5.

Steps I took to create the suspension email:

1. created an email task.

2. made the email task reusable.

3. selected the email task from the Suspension email task browser.

Please let me know, if I need to configure anything else to get this to work.

Thank you

• Venkat Byrapudi Master 891 posts since
    Mar 25, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2013 3:06 AM (in response to SAJID MOHAMMAD)
    Workflow suspension email not working

Hi Sajid,

You can try below way:

(1)  Configure sessions to send post-session email:
    You can configure the session to send an email when the session completes or fails. You create an Email task and use it for post-session email.
    When you configure the subject and body of post-session email, use email variables to include information about the session run, such as session name, status, and the total number of rows loaded. You can also use email variables to attach the session log or other files to email messages.

(2) Configure workflows to send suspension email:
    You can configure the workflow to send an email when the workflow suspends. You create an Email task and use it for suspension email. The Integration Service sends the email based on the locale set for the Integration Service process running the session.
    You can use parameters and variables in the email user name, subject, and text. For Email tasks and suspension email, you can use service, service process, workflow, and worklet variables. For post-session email, you can use any parameter or variable type that you can define in the parameter file. For example, you can use the $PMSuccessEmailUser or $PMFailureEmailUser service variable to specify the email recipient for post-session email.

(or)

If you  requires for testing purpose, edit e-mail task and follow below

Email User Name: abcd@gmail.com
    Email Subject:  Test e-mail
    Email Text  : Test

Regards,

Venkat

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points