Below are some of the interview quetsion which i have got in an interview:
1. How can you get the 2nd last record using a Rank Transformation
2. How can you process multiple flatfiles of same structure at a time
3. I want to create a mapping which needs to duplicate the records 10 times. Saying for example if i have 5 records each record should be duplicated 10 times, what is the approach
4. what is the difference between a Target update override and Update strategy transformation
5. what is the dynamic cache, how it is used and which suitation it will be used ?
6. what is a fullouter join
7. what is the difference between a view and materialized view
8. what is the difference between info 8.x and info 9.x
9. what are the advantages of the service oriented architecture
10. what are the different types of the fact tables available in DW and are the uses of those
11. what is meant by a confirmed dimension
12. what are the advantages of the snowflake schema ?
Request to some anwser these so that i will make a note of the same.
Thanks in advance....
1. In rank properties tab select bottom from topp/bottom drop down and select number of ranks as 2, this will give u last 2 record, after this use a filter and seq gen to filter out the 2nd record all u left is with the 2nd last record.
2. use indirect file option and pass a file list which contains all file names with thier path in serial manner, Instead of direct file name use this file list as source file
4. update srategy will perform update on PK, while target ooveride will allow you to over ride this on certain condition
ex : update table set salary =10000 where designation = 'manager'.
5. the dynamic cache reflects the actual target , we can perform upsert on this cache, ex :-used in type 1 SCD.
rest u can goggle . .. easily available
Hi Siva ram go through this blog..
its group os Real time Scenarios,Interview quiestions
Thanks for all your replies. Those are really helpful.