Skip navigation
Contact Us
4069 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2015 7:31 AM by bandarna@yahoo.com RSS
Vinita Mehta Apprentice 175 posts since
Dec 3, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 16, 2013 6:37 AM

Informatica Code page issue

Hi,

I have windows 2008 r2 64 bit. I have installed informatica and I have created repository service with code pade UTF-8 and it is up and running. Then I have defined env variable LANG and LC_ALL and created integration service with UTF-8 but my integration service is not getting started. The error is

IS PowerCenter_IS 0$_:_$FATAL 02/16/2013 09:21:38.222 AM 5060 LM_36011 Code page mismatch. Service process is running in code page [MS Windows Latin 1 (ANSI), superset of Latin1] whereas the service is configured in the Admin Console to run in code page [UTF-8 encoding of Unicode]

I dont know why is coming nowhere i have given code page as MS Windows Latin 1 (ANSI), superset of Latin1. Please help me asap,its urgent.

Regards,

Vinita

• vidya reddy Novice 72 posts since
    Apr 4, 2007
    Feb 17, 2013 9:41 AM (in response to Vinita Mehta)

Hi Vinita

This problem accur because of Code page using by windows and the code page using by informatica,

as there is a mismatch between two code pages its throwing,for this you need to  change the windows code page to Unicode then try to create the Integrating service,

hope this will resolve the poblem.

For more Visit www.wikiinfoservices.com

Thanks

Vidya

• Aditya Prakash Newbie 9 posts since
    Feb 6, 2013
    Feb 19, 2013 1:58 AM (in response to Vinita Mehta)

Recreate IS with CODe page same as RS

• Samik Saha Novice 26 posts since
    Aug 22, 2013
    Dec 16, 2014 9:47 AM (in response to Vinita Mehta)

For me, setting following 3 environment variables on Informatica server, solved this exact issue.

LANG = en_UTF8

LC_ALL = en_UTF8

INFA_CODEPAGENAME = UTF-8

You have to restart the Informatica Service after setting these variables.

I know this is a old question, but hopefully this will help future visitors.

• bandarna@yahoo.com Newbie 11 posts since
      May 15, 2015
      May 22, 2015 1:40 PM (in response to Samik Saha)
      Re: Informatica Code page issue

Hi Samik,

I did the steps what you have have said but did not work. not sure where I am missing.

here is the error I am getting:

I have freshly installed new Informatica 9.5.1 64 bit on Window Pro 64 bit.

I have installed server, everything went well but finally integration service is creating a problem. It is unable to start.

Below message popped up while starting the Integration service:

The Service infa_intg_sr could not be enabled due to the following error:[DOM_10079] cannot start service [GCIT_infa_intg_Srvc] on any node specified for the service. Check the service log and resolve any error listed for the service. Then restart the service.

Below is the error message from the log file:

2015-05-21 00:31:33 : FATAL : (4216 | 4824) : (IS | GCIT_Infa_Intg_Srvc) : node01_User-PC : LM_36011 : Code page mismatch. Service process is running in code page [MS Windows Latin 1 (ANSI), superset of Latin1] whereas the service is configured in the Admin Console to run in code page [[id = -1]]

2015-05-21 00:31:33 : INFO : (4216 | 4824) : (IS | GCIT_Infa_Intg_Srvc) : node01_User-PC : SF_34012 : Opened Service Port [6025] to listen for client connections.

as Samik said I have created 3 enviranment variabls in windows

LANG = en_UTF8

LC_ALL = en_UTF8

INFA_CODEPAGENAME = UTF-8

Still Integration service is not started and the same message poping up.

and when I click Repository service looks up but with red text below it:

The following error occured while performin a repository action. Error - [PCSF_1007] Cannot connect to repository [GCIT_Info_repo] because \n[[REP_61082] AdminConsole's code page (UTF-8 encoding of Unicode) is not one-way compatible to repository GCIT_Infa_Repo's code page (MS Windows Latin 1 (ANSI), superset of Latin1). Failed to connect to repository service [GCIT_Infa_Repo].].

Can some helpme.

• Nico Heinze InfaEmp 1,040 posts since
        May 29, 2002
        May 23, 2015 4:44 AM (in response to bandarna@yahoo.com)

On what Windows version did you install? I have the impression you mean XP Pro or Windows 7, maybe Windows 8. All three platforms are NOT supported for 9.5.1, and chances are that you can't make it run at all.

There have been numerous posts during the past weeks about how to possibly make it run on Win7 and Win8. Just browse this forum a bit, you will find them.

Regards,

Nico

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)