Syntax for importing xml into repository:
objectimport -i <workflow_name.xml> -c <control_file.xml>
Please find the attached control file which helps in importing all the objects associated with workflow.(need to place this cntrl file in \server\bin folder)
We can specify other repository name(target repo name) to copy code to other environment in control file.
Thank you for the replay.
I have 2 doubts with the control file
1) When I import a wf all the objects in the wf will be imported with out any issue?
2) in case of short cuts how can I make sure that particular object is always reuse
in case of no changes.
1)The object import command works fine and it will imports all the associated components with out any issues.
2) a. <RESOLVECONFLICT>
<TYPEOBJECT OBJECTTYPENAME = "SOURCE DEFINITION" RESOLUTION="REUSE"/>
<TYPEOBJECT OBJECTTYPENAME = "TARGET DEFINITION" RESOLUTION="REUSE"/>
we can add this in the control file if we want to RE USE the source/target definations.
You can achieve this by using below steps
1) login into Powecenter designer and open the folder where u need to import and save the xml in your local desktop.
2) Click "mapping" tab from tool bar and select "create web service mapping" and then use "Import from WSDL"
3) select the xml from local path and open it.
Thank you for the inputs,I have created a scripts which will de a deployment
from DEV to QA.But coming to UAT and PROD i need to perform export and import
some time i have reuse some of the objects so can you suggest a best logic or script
with which i can find the object in the target and if there is no change in the objects i need to reuse the source objects and replace the changed objects and copy the new objects and all this should
happen with the script only
You will find following example on Informatica Marketplace Website useful.
You will also find over 100 mapping samples and many other useful tools on the same website.